I chose ten things as it seemed like a nice even round number. Interestingly enough, answering this question made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I realized it felt a bit exposing to admit some of the things that can trigger discomfort in me.
1) Strapless bras. You would only understand this if your boobs are ginormous and you've been forced to wear something that required said strapless bra.
2) Pillows that aren't broken in yet. You know, the ones that hurt your neck and don't have that perfected squishy feeling installed in them.
3) When people talk about food, diets, and eating habits. I suddenly feel like I weigh 600 pounds and everyone is judging me.
5) The oh-so-wonderful annual doctor's appointment us ladies get to endure.
6) When I hear people, especially those who identify as Christians, making ugly, judgemental and unkind comments about homosexuals.
7) Breastfeeding vs. bottle feeding debates. Also, wearing and non-wearing your baby debates. Basically any debate on how we should feed, clothe, diaper, sleep, educate, etc. our children. Why must there be the debates?!
8) High heels. My current lifestyle does not have the time, patience or desire for those things any longer. But shhh....don't tell my fabulous collection of heels that. I'm hoping that someday my current lifestyle might need them again.
9) When I'm in a group of people, a question is asked, and there is only silence as no one wants to answer. Those moments of silence make me internally squirmy.
10) Mother's Day card shopping. It's hard and awkward, emotional and the epitome of discomfort for me as I try to balance my feelings and honor the moms I do have in my life.
What makes you uncomfortable?