April 27, 2011

Houseguest

I am leaving town on Sunday for a whole week. And preparing for being gone that length of time seems to be requiring much planning.

I have to get things in order at work for both jobs - which is proving to be quite an undertaking. I have to make sure that there is food in the house and I need to plan meals for my husband and son so that they don't live on Chickfila or peanut butter sandwiches the entire time I'm gone. I have to pre-make my Mother's Day gifts that I had planned so that they're ready for the Sunday I am back in town, and I have yet to get started! And then there's the task of picking out a week's worth of clothes and packing them into a suitcase that hopefully won't cost an arm and a leg to check. And a friend of mine is in town visiting from Alaska....and the list goes on!

In addition to all of that, I am cleaning out and preparing our second bedroom as we'll have a houseguest staying with us for the next two weeks.

So who is staying with us?

Tommy's Aunt Tiffy. (He ADORES her. Can you tell?)
My favorite sister-in-law in the entire world is moving to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area on May 14th and she needed a place to stay after he lease was up so she could tie up loose ends here in San Antonio. Any moments that I've given to think about her leaving have resulted in tears.

Tiffany is one of my best friends. We have been close ever since we met and even before I was officially part of her family. I'm slightly disappointed that I won't be here for the first week of her stay, but I am a bit relieved that there will be a woman in the house while I'm away to make sure my favorite guys are well cared for in my absence.

We have a night out planned for the two of us before she heads off. I'm excited about it and I'm also sad because it means she is leaving.
In the meantime there are new sheets to buy, and a room to finish organizing before she moves in for the next two weeks. And trying to figure out how to explain to my little boy why Aunt Tiffy won't be coming over anymore. We are going to miss her....

No comments:

Post a Comment