1) Did I mention that I made my first REAL apple pie for Thanksgiving this year? I've made apple things before, but not a traditional apple pie with the crust on top. I think I kind of rocked it. Though I kind of don't like apple pie and ate NONE so I don't really know how it turned out.
2) I am SO over turkey. Seriously, I don't want to go near another turkey until next November.
3) This about sums up how our family fun night of tree decorating went:
Tommy was sad that we had to hang the ornaments on the tree. He kept taking the ones he liked and stashing them in a corner. After two major meltdowns he got the hang of it and eventually decided it was fun to hang things off of a tree. He spent a good part of Friday night lying under it and informing me that's where he would be sleeping.
4) I don't do black Friday. It does not interest me AT ALL. Am I missing out? I stayed home and did laundry, decorated and relaxed.
5) We went to a lovely wedding on Saturday. Though a cold front blew in right when things got started and well, it was quite a chilly ceremony! I loved her decor - the bride made everything herself!
6) I made a grand discovery this weekend. The best invention EVER - PUMPKIN EGG-NOG. It's like two of my most favorite seasonal things rolled into one. And it doesn't disappoint - it's seriously delicious.
7) I have exactly 98 Christmas cards to address and get out. Is that a lot? People tend to look at me like I'm a little nuts when I tell them how many I'm mailing.
8) I'm done washing dishes. I never want to wash another dish for the rest of my life. I feel like I've done nothing but bake pies and wash dishes for the past five days! This week is paper plates and leftovers. I'm officially on a dish strike.
9) I am all decorated for Christmas! My favorite evening time ritual now is watching Hallmark movies with only the lights of the tree on. And perhaps a glass of egg-nog too.
10) I'm serious about the turkey thing. NO. MORE. TURKEY.
And maybe no more pie.
11) It's time to get my cyber Monday on. Are you shopping online today too?