June 30, 2012

Today

Today I am doing laundry and picking up the post-it note mess of 2012.  

Today I am inventing my own recipe for pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches.

Today I am kicking my ass at the gym.

Today I am cleaning Tommy's room because it looks like a hurricane hit a truck dealership in there.

Today I am paying bills and doing responsible adult things because, well, someone has to do them.

Today I am going out with a girlfriend for a one-on-one girls night.  B.J's and a martini bar after - I'm expecting it to be epic.

Today I am irritated because my Instagram isn't working!

Today I am thankful for my husband who does things like drive an hour away to help my Grandparent's by building a lattice wall for their carport.  His selflessness always amazes me.

Today I am wishing I were at the beach.  Because it's summer and I should totally be there.

Today I'm admiring my stockpile of goodies for our fourth of July gathering and smiling.  Because we have plans with friends on Independence Day for the first time in a very, very long time.

Today I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the sight of a full summer calendar.

Today I am thoroughly enjoying a day at home even though I was woken up by my three-year old WAY too early.

Today I feel at rest, content.  Happy even.

No comments:

Post a Comment