July 8, 2013

A picture worth more than a thousand words....


If a picture is worth a thousand words, than this picture is worth two thousand....
My heart both throbs with joy and aches all at the same time - so much story to be told with each face, each person.  So much life lived and shared.   

These people have a lot to do with the woman I am today - and to have all of them in one photo, in the here and the now.....

Last night we told told tales and gave testimony to the wild ride that God has seemed to have all of us on individually.  A battle with cancer.  A change in careers.  The birth of a new ministry.  A move across the country back to Texas home.  Raising families.  My own North Dakota saga.  It was sweet and it was good to see where God is just as big and wild with others and their own story, and how walking with Him is both heart-wrenching and fulfilling for others as it has been for me.

What is special about this particular group of people is that God brought each and every one of them in to my life when I needed them most.  Each and every one of them has filled holes in my heart, brought me encouragement, provided for a need, and has been a shoulder or a listening ear.

During high school when it felt like my family was falling apart, my youth pastor, and his wife, Bill and Molly, loved on me and cared for me.  Youth group, youth events, youth anything at church was a bright and shining part in the years that were full of sadness and loss for me.

Bill and Sandy basically adopted me as one of their own during that time too - I nearly lived there in high school and in my early twenties I did actually call their home my own for a a few months while I recovered from some awful financial blunders.

Arlie was a teacher and mentor to me, especially as a young adult, and taught me how to study the Scriptures and helped me solidify my faith and why I believe what I believe.

And Sarah....my oldest, dearest and best of friends.  She has seen me at my worst and loved me the same.  She has been the hands and feet of Jesus to me in all of the 17 years I have known her.  She is and always will be my foreverest friend as our hearts are knit together in the Anne-and-Diana-bosom-friend kind of way.

Last night, at a little reunion to visit Bill and Sandy who had traveled from Montana for a visit, we shared laughter, tears, food, prayer, singing and reminiscing over the goodness of the past.  Where God has been rich in love and mercy and abundant in grace and has showered all of us with these forever friendships that have spanned the course of 20 years.

And hopefully many, many more to come.

There aren't enough words in the world to speak of my joy and gratitude and thankfulness for how God cast these men and women into my life-story. Oh my heart.....my cup runneth over.

1 comment: