February 7, 2014

When the writing has to wait

And just as the laundry is put away and the dishes are humming away in the washer, and after I've showered and paid the bills and sat down and breathed in a big sigh because it's Friday and I am desperately trying to do all the things, I put my fingers to the keyboard to write the things my heart has exploded with this week....and I hear his voice.  The eleven month old who doesn't know how to talk yet, but talks at me all the time because he has so much to say.

He wakes.  Nap time ends.  And the writing waits.
Jacob....well, Jacob thinks writing is silly and doesn't understand how I could want to do anything other than enjoy his smile and chattiness and eleven month old attitude.

I suppose he has a point.  (o:




No comments:

Post a Comment