Summer tends to come and go and I find myself staying inside and complaining about the heat and missing out on fun times or not knowing what to do with my time. And it does get HOT here so being outside for long periods of time isn't always an option just because it's not good for my body to have that much heat or sun.
And though I am working more these days, I still do have plenty of down time on evenings and long weekends. So I have decided to be purposeful about my spare time this summer and hope to get some or maybe even all of these things done.
I'm giving myself until September 5th (Labor Day) to complete the following:
1) Have a picnic at Landa Park in New Braunfels.
2) Watch Fireworks on the 4th of July. (I always say I will and then never do!)
3) Have an extravagant date night out with Todd.
4) Make a new friend (or two) at church.
5) Take Tommy to the "Bay of Play" at Seaworld.
6) Go fishing with Todd.
7) Take a walk on the beach.
8) Take an entire day for myself by doing whatever I want to do.
9) Go shopping for something beautiful and red to wear at Shelley's wedding.
10) Drive up to Austin and spend a day with Kathi. And maybe Jenni too?
11) Go wine tasting with my friend Kelly.
12) Start scrapbooking 2008 pictures since I am way behind!
13) Start my fall art project for the dining room (so it's done come decorating time in September!)
14) Make-over my family picture wall in the living room.
15) Find the perfect pillows for our couches.
16) Finish reading the following books - Bold Love, A Sacred Sorrow & Breaking Idols of the Heart.
17) Arrange a margarita style girls night out.
18) Journal SOMETHING every day - and remember that blog posts don't count.
19) Go out for a morning breakfast with Todd and Tommy.
20) Host a BBQ/Game night for friends.
I am going to put my list up at home and check back in before Labor Day to see how many of these things I got done!
What does your summer list look like?