July 7, 2011

Rewind

Having kept a blog for a few years now, it's fun to take a look back and see where I was two and three and four years ago. It's interesting to be able to rewind and see where my heart and mind were at and what life looked like.

I have seen myself, my writing, my heart, and my life evolve as I've started keeping a blog to write about the anythings and everythings. And though I selfishly keep it for myself, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I hoped it mattered to someone else too. I guess I hope that maybe someone could feel encouraged, or maybe even relate to something I'm feeling or going through and feel less alone because of it. I hope to come across real and genuine, and though I don't have some huge following, I guess I hope that the people who come here, like what they're reading.

I decided to take a look back to see what was up in July over the last few years.

In July of 2007, I was still trying to find my blogging style and wrote about lots of nothing. Like Bridezillas and bizarre happenings at work. I occasionally wrote with more depth, like this post about wishing to be a mother. And there was this fateful day that kept me from swimming in a public pool again - until this year actually.

In July of 2008, I wrote about summer and wishing I could enjoy the season I was in and not knowing how to. I also took a vacation up to Montana with my husband. And we can't forget about the many awful nights at our apartment where screaming teenagers kept us up all night long swimming after hours. Oh, I don't miss that AT ALL!!!

In July of 2009, I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my little boy. I revealed his awesome forest themed nursery and bragged about how awesome my husband was. I seriously don't think I could have made it through that pregnancy without him! And then of course my sweet Tommyboy arrived and changed our lives forever.

And July of last year was quiet. I was working two days a week and I was home with Tommy quite a bit. It felt odd to have more rest. The summer didn't feel very enjoyable and I remember staying home and staying inside a lot. I went to a wedding and dealt with some insecurities about wearing a skirt. I threw Tommy his first birthday party on a tight budget. And I said goodbye to my Auntie Laura was who was heading off to Africa not knowing that I would see her again in less than a year.

Things have changed quite a bit over the last few years. Taking a little look back to some older Julys of life has left me smiling today at the thought of how God continues to knit intricate details of my life together for something really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment