October 26, 2011

Edge of Glory

I've done a lot of writing today. It's been one of those days where I feel like I'm on the edge of something big.

God has been stirring some things around in heart. I've felt unearthed and undone as though God is about to plant something very new into my heart and let it grow there. He's been taking out all of the metaphorical weeds inside of my heart and pruning the landscape of my soul. And He's just now doing it because I've told Him to stay out until now.

Interesting how God doesn't force Himself on us. If we're not ready or we tell Him no, it's almost as if he says, "Okay. I'm here when you're ready." I love that about God. He's not in a hurry. After all, all things are made beautiful in HIS time, not ours.

I'm done being angry with Him. I'm done fighting back. I just don't want to anymore. I need Him. And more than that, I'm wanting Him. I feel like I have so much to say and I don't even know where to begin. Maybe the words will come here and maybe they won't. But it feels big and I need to sit with this and sit with Him for a while.

Maybe all the lyrics don't fit quite right, and you can like her or hate her, but Lady Gaga's song feels very fitting tonight for where I'm sitting with God. I'm hanging on a moment of truth, and I'm on the edge with Him...

I am most definitely on the Edge of Glory.

1 comment: