March 30, 2012

All about nothing

It's been hard to write beyond bullet points this week.

I've realized that I'm in this place of life where I have to schedule phone chats with friends and book people in advance on my calendar in order to see any of my friends.  And I hate how this feels.  I'm the kind of woman who deeply loves friendships and connection and the absence of them leaves me feeling like I have less and it disrupts how I can even function.

Working full-time again is kicking my butt.  I miss my full day off on Fridays and I miss my day to work from home too.  I miss Tommy and I feel like I'm missing out on him.  I miss the stillness and quiet it provided for me.  I miss mornings in my pajamas and coffee sipped from my favorite mug.  I'm missing the ease of my old schedule.  And in one way or another, I've kind of thrown a fit about it all that I'm missing because I can't change it and I wish that I could.

Instead of hitting the gym last night, I went to bed at 9pm.  Exhaustion had set in and I knew my body needed some significant rest.  And it was the good kind of sleep too because I woke up right before my alarm went off and I was almost ready to get up and take on the day.  *almost* But it's nice to feel more refreshed and alert after getting some much needed rest.

And tonight, I'm going out with my sisters and my step-mom to celebrate her birthday.  And if I can recall this correctly, I'm pretty sure it's the first time EVER we've done anything like this.  I'm expecting for it to be pretty epic.

There isn't a lot on the agenda for the weekend and I'm grateful for that.  Definitely looking forward to some down time.

So even though this was kind of all about nothing, I guess this is me trying to pick myself back up after a week full of disappointments, confusion and excessive bullet points. 

Happy Friday everyone.

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how much we are affected by time and how much it impacts our emotional life. Glad you got some solid sleep...I went to bed at 8:30 last night. I could hardly BELIEVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends and I were just talking about this. Times have really changed from when our parents and grandparents were coming up. Now there's just a million things to do and hardly any time to do them let another get a minute to breathe/rest. Things were so much simpler back then. And the internet, as much as we all love it, is the main culprit I think.

    ReplyDelete