In cleaning my house today and trying to organize and purge and attempt some kind of spring-cleaning business around my home, I learned a few things about myself:
1) I am a gift bag hoarder.2) I have an entire box of old party supplies. You know, blue streamers, beach balls, American flags, vinyl tablecloths, half burned candles. I could throw the random party of the century with those items.
3) Even if it's still semi-full, I will throw away a box of cereal if it sucks. Without even feeling guilty about it. I am a chronic pantry-purger.
4) Dishes are always the last thing I do. Because I hate them. (Though I think I already knew this).
5) It's easier to close the shower curtain than to scrub the tub. If my friends look in there, they are held responsible for the horror they have to witness, not me.
6) Sometimes I wipe away dust with my hand rather than actually dust.
7) I got overly excited when I found a stash of plastic hangers in another closet today - the kind that department stores have that you get when you go clothes shopping - those are my favorites! And I immediately re-hung several tops and tossed the crappy plastic hangers to the side.8) I prefer to have my DVD's organized by genre. Todd's boring western and war movies, cool action movies, lame action movies, sappy chick-flicks, funny chick-flicks, family friendly films, and John Wayne movies (also Todd's). Of course all of the James Bonds and the Star Wars and the Indiana Jones all have a sacred spot of honor. (Not pictured here.)9) Pretty sure we are keeping the plastic tote bin in business by storing all of Tommy's old clothes and toys. Would SO love to get rid of everything, but there's that whole - "Are we having any more kids?" question that continues to remain unanswered.
10) It looks like a hurricane attacked my baking pan cabinet. And I don't even care.11) I may* have only been cleaning today because we are having friends over for dinner.
So now that I'm utterly humiliated, anyone else have any clean or not-so clean confessions?