November 30, 2012

December Bucket List

There are a few things I simply can't do this Christmas.  Mostly because I'm limited by how pregnant I'm getting or because of budget needs.  Saving for a new baby is hard when the holidays come! 

I've been slightly bummed out by all I can't get or do this Christmas season.  Like buying gifts for all of our family members, doing our annual downtown date night and choosing not to host a big Christmas party.  I'll also be missing out on my sister's musical at Six Flags and my friend Lori's wedding in Pensacola too because we can't afford to do either of those things. 

I decided to make a list of what I can do in efforts to cheer myself up and get back into the holiday spirit of things though:

1) Make a gingerbread house with Tommy

2) Watch White Christmas

3) Deck my halls

4) Bake sugar cookies

5) Drink egg nog

6) Make an ornament wreath like this one for my front door

7) Mail out Christmas cards

8) Kiss under the mistletoe

9) Go look at Christmas lights

10) Have a smallish New Year's party for close friends?

11) Sing Christmas Carols

12) Share a candlelit dinner with Todd

13) Make some homemade gifts

14) Fill Tommy's stocking

15) Have a fire or two in the backyard

16) Visit Santa

17) Read the Christmas story in Luke 2

18) Give a secret gift

19) Start a journal of the things I'm grateful for

20) Make Jacob's name for the nursery

21) Take pictures of all the Christmas trees I see

22) Make yarn wreaths for hopeful orders

23) Go to a local play or choir concert

24)  Try a new cookie recipe

25) Make merry with my family

What are you planning on doing this December to make it special?

5 comments:

  1. #23 Adam's chorus (The Marcsmen) is singing in a Holiday a capella Showcase on 12/8 in Cibolo. Not sure if I'll be taking the girls, since I'd be doing it alone...but it should be a great night of music. They have details posted on their Facebook page/events tab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 White Christmas- tradition in our family every year!
    Oh! How about #24 Learn how to crochet a cute scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you made this list! i was just getting sad that i might not be buying a christmas tree this year- even though its my fave thing, i might just have to save that 40 or 50 bucks for something more important!
    i know youre trying to focus on all the happy things- but i just have to say, wow. you are missing out on some things with your friend lori, and your family...this sounds really hard. and, im glad you have this little money- and fun-sucking jacob. hes worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh, I've missed you!! Also, I think we're sharing a brain because I just posted my Christmas bucket list, too. I totally forgot about egg nog. I LOVE egg nog.

    I can't believe how much I've missed! You're pregnant!!! YAY! I am so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete