December 3, 2012

Decked Out

I'm officially decorated for Christmas!  I put the finishing touches on everything this weekend.  Including making my pinterest-inspired ornament vine wreath.
 
I used leftover bulb ornaments that I already had, and deconstructed a vine wreath that I had been given years ago that used to have sunflowers all over it.  There's still some hot glue remnants on it that I couldn't hide, but you can't really tell when you see it.  I might add some more ornaments to it later to make it look fuller, but overall, I'm happy with how it turned out! And it didn't cost me a dime which is the best part!

 My Christmas tree collection!
Little touches of Christmas on top of our entertainment center.
 
Some festive garland and ornaments on the mirror that hangs over the couch.
 
I made the tree art last year using a stick and some ribbon I had - something I found on Pinterest of course.  It's one of my favorite things I've made so far!
 I hung up a few Christmasy things on the wall too.
 
 And a few more things on the shelves.
 
How fun to have FOUR stockings hanging.  Even though Jacob isn't here yet, he is already making home in our hearts as we wait for his arrival.  It's fun to think about him crawling around and getting into everything this time next year!
The shelf in the kitchen.  I made the NOEL frame last year as well and then used some of my living room items and spruced them up for Christmas and put them here.  It's fun to do things a little bit differently every year.
And last but certainly not least, our Christmas tree in all of her glory.  My very favorite part of Christmas decorating.  Full of trinkets and sweet ornaments that tell stories about who we are.  I love our tree!
I'm all decked out for Christmas - how about you?!

4 comments:

  1. I love your wreath & your tree collection! I might have some old Christmas bulbs that might need to be turned into a cute wreath! DId you just use hot glue to attach them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you have a tree collection. how festive! and that wreath is perfection. great job! your home looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Glad you shared. Feeling inspired now.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i might have to come enjoy your tree....

    ReplyDelete