November 28, 2012

I almost forgot who I was

I'm a fighter.

I'm a dragon-slaying warrior princess.

I'm fearless and brave.

I'm a daughter of the King and an heir to the throne.  

I have hope in all things because Jesus is who He says He is.


And I almost forgot all of that.  I almost forgot that I have power and strength just by uttering His name - Jesus.  I almost forgot that I knew how to fight for my heart and my life.  That I was bold and courageous and was equipped with everything that I need to do what feels hard and scary.

I almost let fear take me out.  Almost.  

But then I remembered.  And this warrior princess dusted off her sword and picked herself back up and got back in the trenches to fight.  Because I can.  Because He gives me the strength to. 

And when I woke up this morning, I was oh so very sleepy and so very tired and wanted to stay in bed - but fear was gone.  There was peace where there had been panic.  There was calm where there was anxiety and I felt like me again.  The real me that fear had paralyzed and had in its grip for far too long these last few months - she was looking back at me in the mirror this morning.

Perfect love casts out all fear.....

1 comment:

  1. awwwww, yea!!
    youve been called a warrior princess alot.
    :)
    love it. love you.
    [i have a sign near my house, and it just has the "begin" on it. ive loved it- moore now, because i see what else it can say!! that is so cool]

    ReplyDelete