January 3, 2013

Projects for baby

A few minutes after the stroke of midnight on New Year's Day, my friend and I (who happens to be due with her little girl a day after Jacob) realized that we were finally in the year that our children would be born.  Not only that, but we only have about sixty-ish something days before they arrive.  For some reason, sixty-ish something days sounds a lot closer than two months.

Either way, I realized I officially needed to get into gear for baby number two because time is definitely running out. 

Jacob's nursery is completely different than what I had done for Tommy over three years ago now.  My style and tastes have changed and I wanted to keep his nursery soft, boyish and simple.  I also have a much smaller budget this time around so I'm having to be extra creative with how I'm putting things together.  Thankfully we were given a crib and I found a changing table and dresser for super cheap online and through a garage sale, seeing as we sold Tommy's set early last year.

The walls have been painted and the furniture has been refinished, but now it's time to put the unique touches on his nursery - which is the fun part of course.  Naturally, I've scoured Pinterest for ideas to hack and came up with a fun idea for his name.

I found the wooden rings you use for cross-stitching and bought some fabric squares that coordinated with my bedding to insert into the rings.  I painted the letters of his name white and glued them to the fabric.

I love how it turned out.  It was a simple, easy and cheap project!  And the circles on the wall mimic the circles in the bedding.
I have a couple of other projects in mind - some kind of curtain or window treatment, a gallery wall of words and sayings, and some kind of shelf full of cuteness.  Not sure what I'll come up with, but I definitely need to get on it!

2 comments: