June 4, 2014

Coming up for air


Life has been full lately.  I wouldn't say it's been busy, because busy implies that you aren't really enjoying anything.  Being busy implies that you have no time for others because you have so much else going on.  It's more than busy.  Life has been full of celebrations and planning for celebrations, birthday parties and birthday dinners and weddings and baby showers.  It's been full of ministry and Bible study and pouring into people and being poured back into and doing life with people and being called to more.

But I'm also reminded too where I still have to find rest in the midst of all of the fullness.  And this afternoon, I did just that.  Jacob went down for a late nap and Wednesday is my off-from-work-early-day.  So I seized the opportunity and got cozy in bed and knocked out for a whole hour.  An absolute treat in my world.

I should have been folding my laundry.  Or making dinner even.  But who needs clothes or food anyway?  Tonight, the laundry is wrinkled in my baskets and we had a hodge-podge of leftovers for dinner before heading out to church.  But my nap rocked and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it at all either.

Hopefully there will be more found moments for stillness, for writing and much needed rest.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this information, about wrinkles treatment in delhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve it! Much more than an hour :) Glad you were able to take some time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete