November 1, 2011

Argh Matey, it's November!

We had a pirate in our midst last night. A semi-grumpy pirate actually.I had these grand plans of creating a cute Max costume for Tommy (from the book Where the Wild Things Are) and then I decided to just create a costume for him out of things I already had. I cut up some old pants and an old shirt of his. I glued some felt to it, ripped up an old red shirt to create a sash for his waist and called it a day. Of course I already had a sword and a hat, because don't you remember this night?

He had the"Argh!" thing down perfectly and at one point last night, he even said "Matey." When the trick-or-treaters came to the door he kept shouting, "Friends! Friends!"

Getting him to look at the camera, wear his hat, hold his sword, and smile all at the same time - IMPOSSIBLE. I was just thrilled he let me draw a beard on his face.
Though we had to do ours up in order to convince him it was a good idea.
My first attempt at making caramel apples was a success. I've never had one EVER. Those things were just freaking delicious!And three days into potty training, how are we, you ask? (This would make a great Christmas card photo eh?)
Halloween is over.

November is here!

And the holidays are on their way!

Time to start planning Thanksgiving! Happy November 1st!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy the REAL holidays are here. So over Halloween! LOVE LOVE the pics of Tommy!!! :))

    ReplyDelete