February 20, 2013

And the rest continues

Life goes by pretty slowly when the only thing on your agenda is waiting for a baby to arrive.

Well that, and blowing bubbles of course.  Which was yesterday's big outing seeing as I'm on bedrest and very confined to the house.  The day was so gorgeous that we spent quite a while in the backyard.  We blew bubbles, he sat in his plastic pool and begged to go swimming, and then he got out his toy tools and proceeded to build what he called a "chicken house" out of the firewood we had stored out there.  I love the imagination this boy has.
There was also some rocking out.  And seriously, I couldn't be prouder.  I hope I can instill a good measure of my love for all things loud-music in my children.  I think it's safe to say that Tommy's got it down.
I wake up everyday around 4:00am.  And that's after going to bed at the awesome hour of midnight.  Apparently I can't sleep without my husband.  And also, my belly feels giant and there's only a certain kind of comfortable you can get when you're sleeping with an over seven pound baby inside of you.  (At least, they say he's over seven pounds).

Also, am I the only one who doesn't watch Downton Abbey? 

It's basically spring here in south Texas - and I'm all about it.  I've never been one for winter and frigid temperatures or having to use my heater.  But I've been very aware that this is probably the very last February that I'll be sitting outside enjoying cool breezes and warm sunshine and big Texas skies.  Reality and moving away is slowly starting to sink in.

It was -18 where Todd was yesterday.  I cannot even begin to imagine cold like that.

It feels very weird to not be working - though I feel like I'm just on maternity leave or something and I'll be going back soon.  For the moment, the only thing I'm missing about work is the occasional Starbucks I would stop and get myself.  I don't miss traffic.  Or filing.  But I'm thinking once the new normal really does set in, I might miss it.  Even the traffic.

My friend went to the store for me yesterday.  My Grandparents came over and visited for awhile.  Last weekend, friends from church came and took Tommy to the playground so he could get out and DO something.  And my phone is blowing up with text messages from people constantly checking in on me.  I'm feeling very remembered and loved even though I'm home-bound and have actually been following my doctor's orders to REST. 

I see the doctor again tomorrow morning and we'll see what happens.  There is a very good chance I'll be admitted and be having our boy very, very soon.

Happy Wednesday.  I hope that somewhere in your day there is rest.  And bubbles too.


  1. it sounds like you had a great day with Tommy. seriously he really looks like he is rocking out! LOVE that!

    i tried to watch Downtown Abbey and i just couldn't get into it. i kinda want to get into it though since everyone LOVES it, haha.

    thinking and praying for you. hope the doctor visit goes well!

  2. Tommy looks to be having so much fun rocking out, it sounds like a wonderfully peaceful day you had with him.

    I don't watch Downton Abbey, I keep thinking I'm going to try and watch it but it hasn't happened yet.

    I hope that your Dr's appointment goes well and that if you are admitted everything goes smoothly.